Version 126.96.36.199 Mar 20, 2004
Freeware Drawing Program for LaTeX and Windows
- Runs from Win95
- Parametrised curves and graphs of functions composed with +,-,*,/,^, sqrt x, exp x, ln x, sin x, cos x, arcsin x, arccos x..... and all what can be made out of this
- LaTeX labels
- Export to emtex-specials or postscript
- Pdf-support via postscript
- Color supports
- Drawing of sets of curves
- Three or four linewidths
- Coor and linewidth ale editable retroactively
- TeXCad-compatibility (.PIC-files)
- Scaling and moving
- Macro support
- The program is not yet finished and will never be
- Some error messages generated by the programming language Delphi(c) are still in german
- It has some buggy points. If you find one, tell me here
No longer supported commands are
- Bezier curves
- Ovals have to be constructed out of single elements
- Vectors, because arbitrary directions are possible
If you cannot (or don't want to) do without : TeXCAD 4.1 is another Texcad-successor that supports this.
Examples are given on the german page
How to draw pictures
Best: start the program and play around. Then read the manual and follow the example at the end.
How to include pictures in Latex documents
This is described in a separate document.
To Texcad32 the LPPL (Latex Public Project Licence) applies.
If you continue to use TeXCad32 I would appreciate if you send me a picture postcard.
Plans for changes or supplements in version 4
- The colors for picking are choosable
- Lines through given points (splines)
Ideas or sugestions are welcome.
Plans for TeXCad32 Version 5 (even if it's not clear whether this will come )
- Closed Lines that can be filled with patterns or color in ps/pdf-mode
- All actions are put to an protocol, and with this undo and scripting
Hall of Fame
TeXCad32 is one of the successors of Texcad of G. Horn and J. Winkelmann. More ideas coming into this version came from Prof. Dr. K. Menke, R.Ebe and M. Mayr-Willius and the people who developped Turbo-Pascal/Delphi. The manual would have been even more ugly without Koma-Script.